Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Thousand Words

Since this blog has been my only opportunity to write in the past few months, I've become rather obsessed about it. Does anyone else find themselves zoning out at work and class, thinking about your future entries and site counter? Trying to piece together a compelling first sentence, finding blog rings and comparing yours to the big dogs?

This site was originally created to assure my friends and family that I was alive and having adventures, but at some point it became therapeutic. At the same time, there are moments of anxiety--there are times when I regret past posts (like the one directly below) and wish I wasn't so nostalgic. I definitely think I could have done a better job with my writings on the temple--it was so much more than what you've read on the site, but I'm not a good enough writer to do it justice.

I think I need a ghost writer. Anyone interested?

Future plans: Gathering photos of the gorgeous landscape. I've wanted to insert pictures for a while but my camera's busted so I have to resort to begging friends. Also working on "Full Moon," an account of my stay in Seoul during the Lunar New Year weekend. And yes, you will know more about the guy.

In a few days, you might notice some of the names in my stories have changed. My entries have been rather detailed, so in order for me to protect myself it has become necessary to edit my posts. If you get confused, just look at previous entries. And feel free to email or comment on what you don't like about my writing. I always appreciate criticism.

Pia at 8:20 AM

1 comments

1 Comments

at 11:21 AM Blogger Kevin Sole said...

I'd rather e-mail you and tell you what I did like about your writing. Is that ok? :P

When I first started my blog, everything was about it. I would go to work and start wondering: Will this make a good entry? How can I turn this into an amusing entry for people to read?

I posted every day. I garnered a few persistant readers (for some odd reason), it was good. I kinda grew tired of it, and I've backed off from posting every day, but it's something I want to get back into.

It's an effective tool for writing; and writing something is better then writing nothing.

(... wanders off to the next blog...)

 

Post a Comment