Monday, January 16, 2006

Down With It

They might have rejected me the first time around, but The Korean Blog List has taken me under their wing:

http://korea.banoffeepie.com/

If you are seriously considering South Korea as your new home, I strongly recommend reading a few blogs first. Most foreign teachers I've met did little or no research before coming here.

"I hate the food." "I hate the spitting." "I hate the stares."

Well, did you know what the food would be like?

"Um . . . no."

Don't let this happen to you!

Of course, there are several things I don't like about Korea, but for the most part I was prepared for the food, my employers and the culture. I mostly read travel guides, but the blogs are what helped me the most.

There's a particular personality type that will thrive in this country; then there are other sorts that will pull midnight runs. Do a little reading before you sign your contract. If you like what you see and are willing to tolerate what you don't like, then by all means fly on over.

Pia at 6:50 PM

0 comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment