Saturday, September 24, 2005

Will Fly for Food

Today I called my TESOL instructor, Bryan, about my resume and assignments. He says they look good and we're going to start looking for a job.

Bryan also told me one of my classmates, who nailed a position in Saudi Arabia, demanded a salary of no less than $4000 a month, including room and airfare--on her resume. Holy shit! Considering she'd never taught an ESL class before, that's a massive amount of cash. But to be fair, they do pay more in the Middle East if you're qualified, and since she has her masters degree I assume she has a few debts to pay.

I'm only expecting half that much in South Korea. As long as I can contribute to my sister's schooling, eat, groom myself and buy my monthly comics, I'll be happy.

Pia at 9:49 AM

0 comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment